...it's going to take a lot of work.

Life changed.

I'm single.

I'm trying to find my identity.

I have a ton of things I want to do. A ton of things I want to learn how to do.

There are new players in my life, and no I'm not going to give them nicknames (unless they want them).

I've always envied the people who go and travel everywhere or live this completely bohemian lifestyle. As you get older you realize you have to have a lot of money to do so. I'm going to try and make my life in this town as bohemian and "cool" as possible.

...it's going to take a lot of work.

Friday, September 10, 2010

End of an Era

I didn't formally write this out first. So I'm just going to wing it.

Today was the last day of my internship. I was a "Newsroom" intern at Channel 6 (Local ABC/Fox affiliate) and it was the BEST five months of my life! Everyday I was there was a dream come true. I worked my ass off, everyone knew who I was. I was respected. I worked with ADULTS! I am VERY sad to not be able to call Master Control at 10 til 7am (for Good Day Columbus) asking to be let in because I don't have time for Chrissy to come down from the Newsroom to let me in.

They asked me if I would be available for a freelance project and OF COURSE I said "Yes". They are working out the details now but just to be back there for one more day!

 I also did two tapings behind the anchor desk. The first one I thought I tanked, and though I was MUCH more confident the second time around, it wasn't that bad. I don't know what I'm going to put on my reel (aka Demo) and I now have FIVE weeks left of school.

In the five months, I have run camera, teleprompter, floor directed, interviewed, edited packages, met JIM TRESSEL, met Demetrius Stanley, met Buster Douglas (TODAY!!), been asked too many times what my job title was, ate gourmet food, met millions of pets, pet a baby lemur, pet a wallaby, been jealous, been sad, made friends, made enemies, cried, laughed, was trusted, respected, yelled at, influenced, and I wouldn't give ONE DAY of it back.

I remember the day I started I was SO green. I still am, granted, but I have changed in five months. Even if this is as far as I go, I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment