...it's going to take a lot of work.

Life changed.

I'm single.

I'm trying to find my identity.

I have a ton of things I want to do. A ton of things I want to learn how to do.

There are new players in my life, and no I'm not going to give them nicknames (unless they want them).

I've always envied the people who go and travel everywhere or live this completely bohemian lifestyle. As you get older you realize you have to have a lot of money to do so. I'm going to try and make my life in this town as bohemian and "cool" as possible.

...it's going to take a lot of work.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Beginnings

Sasha was notified today that they are letting him go from his position at work.

I saw a facebook post from a few hours ago stating "Does anyone know where I can get a job?" I thought he was talking about a second job or in general. He has been talking about finding a new/second job for a few months now because he hates where he works. But then I checked my e-mail and got the following message:

They are letting me go from work. I have until the end of the week, but unless a miracle happens I need to find a new job...

He's been unemployed during our relationship before, and he went on unemployment. I don't know if he is going to do it, and I don't know if he'll be accepted for it with the economy as it is. However, the big problem is that I'm not through with school for a few weeks. And my office won't be offering extra hours for a long time so I can't get anything over my 20 per week. If I could get 40  then we could survive on my income (even if we were paying full rent). I'll have to talk to my job coach to see if that's possible.

However, I know that Sasha is going to say "Don't worry. Everything will be okay. We'll get through this, we've gotten through worse before." I just hope that this won't stint my job search.

1 comment:

  1. There's no reason I know of that "Sasha" should not be "accepted" for unemployment, if he was full-time employed, above-board. (not "under-the-table"). His employer will have been paying into the unemployment insurance pool for the state in which he was employed. Possibly he will remain covered under a previous employer instead of his most recent one, if the most recent was just a few weeks or months, and that would affect the level of benefits - which are related to salary/wages. Certainly I think anyone in his situation *should* apply.

    I know a little about this - I was laid off in January, and applied for but have not had to
    collect unemployment, as I've been on severance - or "salary continuation", as my ex-employer calls the program.
    S.

    ReplyDelete