...it's going to take a lot of work.

Life changed.

I'm single.

I'm trying to find my identity.

I have a ton of things I want to do. A ton of things I want to learn how to do.

There are new players in my life, and no I'm not going to give them nicknames (unless they want them).

I've always envied the people who go and travel everywhere or live this completely bohemian lifestyle. As you get older you realize you have to have a lot of money to do so. I'm going to try and make my life in this town as bohemian and "cool" as possible.

...it's going to take a lot of work.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

I am pretty private about my religion and worship practices. I am a Christian but I will forever seek Truth. I have a lot of discussions with my friend Justin in regards to Jesus and Christianity in general. So when I told him that I was going to just to hear the Word preached? He responded with "I love this concept."

My friend, Jennilee - over at steamysewing.blogger.com, invited me to her church once and I thought I would come back. Ironically, I went when Lindsey and I were fighting and I wanted to cut her out of my life.
I don't go to church each week. I could, if I really wanted to, but I don't. It's not a requirement of the faith and as I said, I am a private person when it comes to it.

I am blogging about it now because when I decide to go to a service, it is because God has a message that I need to hear. This time is no exception. I went to the church's website to see what the sermon would be and it is entitled "Ain't No Mountain high Enough - Connecting and growing in relationship with the people God misses most."

The sermon did not disappoint. It was a typical Saturday night sermon. It started with modern Christian music, and I found myself crying by the second song. My heart has been so heavy. I could just feel it. I felt it and I immediately asked God to take it from me. To help me let go. The sermon was about bringing those not of God to him and what we would sacrifice to do so.

My personal belief is not to force someone into a religion they don't want to be a part of. But for myself, I know I am not doing enough to walk his path. The part of the sermon I liked best was when the pastor acknowledged Christ's law was the law of love. That this wasn't trying to get people to put another notch in their God belt (Justin and I discuss people and their need to accrue "God Credit").

But most importantly, I have to look within myself and ask what am I willing to sacrifice?

There was food afterwards, tacos. I sat by myself, reflecting about what I had heard and continued writing on this post. Then a few people came and sat with me and they brought up shop and I had a good conversation. It wasn't until the end that I was asked why I came. I explained it simply and they said they were glad I came. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment