...it's going to take a lot of work.

Life changed.

I'm single.

I'm trying to find my identity.

I have a ton of things I want to do. A ton of things I want to learn how to do.

There are new players in my life, and no I'm not going to give them nicknames (unless they want them).

I've always envied the people who go and travel everywhere or live this completely bohemian lifestyle. As you get older you realize you have to have a lot of money to do so. I'm going to try and make my life in this town as bohemian and "cool" as possible.

...it's going to take a lot of work.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Hello! I'm Here to Make Your Monday Suck Less

This is courtesy of my friend Justin because I hate Mondays. With a burning fiery passion. I really really do. I know everyone hates them, but Monday means that I don't get a day off after game and that I don't get to do my job.

I work at Safelite AutoGlass (yes I know the jingle) and I work in a department that takes online orders. I get to deal with a lot of special cases. But Monday's mean that we were under staffed on Sunday, and so calls get backed up and we have to call people and have them get mad at us. But on top of that, we get inbound calls of regular sales. It's a fight with management to be able to get our work done. Because even though we are taking in-bound calls back to back, we are still held accountable for those calls in our out-bound queue.

So I look at this picture and it makes me smile because a.) it's a puppy and I LOVE puppies, and b.) It reminds me that I have friends that care about me. For instance I've been talking to Fuzzy all morning about relationship stuff and the intricacies of his relationships and about how I am no longer adverse to fellatio as I once was. ...that will be another post.

So what happened this weekend? I found a YouTube channel that was all about t-shirt recon and I have her in my reading list. She had a tutorial on how to do a scoop neck, off the shoulder number, and it was HOT! I have pictures. This is the only picture I could find of when I made it. Not the best, but I'm pretty proud of it.

I went to game yesterday, and it was long. It was a mass combat that was run pretty smoothly, it was just long and took a lot out of me. My character had a successful Rite of Accomplishment (that means she gets to challenge for a promotion basically) after a disastrous one a month and a half ago. My friend Bonnie's character was the one who did it. She was supposed to do it before but her character got sick and so an Elder did it...yeah it's boring game stuff.

The cool part is, that Bonnie's character, Chione, and mine, Julia, have had quite a trip the past year. They went from opposing sides to the best of friends. They have really grown together and it has been amazing to play out. But, Bonnie, during her speech for the RoA got choked up because of the weight of everything and that she was telling all that had happened for the past year. It's that type of thing, during game that I really enjoy. Getting into that headspace and just having a moment

As players, we put a lot of thought and effort into our characters and the story that we are telling. There are two types of RPers (Role Players): The kind that stick to their story and don't let anything affect them or change them and the kind that allow their players to change as things go along. There are pros and cons to both and so the goal is to be a little bit of both sides. If you constantly change then your character doesn't really have an identity and if you stay rigid then you don't get to let yourself explore. Anyway. As Bonnie said she saw Julia grow up and it was a very proud moment for Chione because she got to see how she affected the world around her. It was also really cool, because Bonnie and I have become closer this past year as well. Thinking about it myself, I am getting a little teary-eyed.

Happy stuff! I got to see my friend Andrew. He had been teaching drum corps for the summer and I saw him when he got back, but this was the first time he came to game. Andrew and I have known each other for like 17 years. Long time. We haven't been friends for that long, but for most of it. And there was a moment when I wanted to share something with him and I didn't even have to say anything, he just knew and we started to laugh. We said maybe five words in that conversation. To know someone like that, is awesome.

So, if your Monday is sucking? Think of the weekend and reminisce about the good times you had. It helps make the day go by faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment